I wonder to myself,
Why he doesn't love me?
I placed him up on a pedestal,
Oblivious he is that he is above me.
I try to meet his every need,
Yet abhorrently, he is ignoring me,
I keep thinking with every deed,
He is a step closer to adoring me.
I try for his attention,
Try to buy his affection,
Long ago he promised me his love,
But he lied to me,
All I wanted from him,
All along was denied to me,
Images of that smug face,
Haunted me, and taunted me defiantly.
Despite that I feel,
this anger, this rage.
I love him after all,
IT conquers all,
I am turning the page.
I'm here expecting respect,
No I am not going to hide,
For a moment our glances met in the mirror,
But quickly his adverted to the side.
In that instant from my view,
He has too much pride,
To admit what he knew,
We need to be level,
united, honest and true.
He is ready to work with me for the better,
And he is sorry That he acted like he was above me,
He admits we need to move on together,
I just need to make sure he loves me.
- Respectfully,
Louis
No comments:
Post a Comment