I believe love should be simple,
I do not need any of the perceived complexity,
The hardest thing about it,
Is that you aren't next to me.
I have no one to lean on,
no one to confess to,
No way to decompress,
When life gets too stressful.
When i'm already pessimistic,
and my half empty cup's even less full
Life and drama combine,
trying to test my mettle,
Blurring clearly defined, fine lines,
trying stress my mental,
Hopping the challenge I would decline,
And defeated I would just settle.
"The One", "Soulmate", "True Love",
Is what I thought others have been,
Whats past has passed so the above,
I consider them has beens.
I'm not looking for a substitute mom,
a undercover dom or a sycophant,
I just want to be treated with respect,
and expect to feel significant.
Magnificent and far fetched it would seem,
even as a dream to a dreamer dreaming with in a dream.
A way to turn reality, from fantasy
There must be.
It is essential, I am not loved for potential,
by someone who "gets" me,
I am tired of falling short of the "best" me,
I should be worthy of love
By being just me
BY
LA Kellam
No comments:
Post a Comment